The week is set to see a slew of smartphone launches, courtesy IFA 2016. IFA is Europe’s biggest technology and gadget show held every year in Berlin Germany. IFA 2016 is scheduled to take place from September 2 to September 7.
And like every year, this year too the event will see launches from biggest technology companies including Microsoft, Lenovo, HTC, Samsung, Huawei and others.
Here are five smartphones likely to be launched at the event.
1) ZTE is all set to launch a new smartphone under its Nubia line-up, at the upcoming IFA 2016. The company has sent out media invites for a launch event, scheduled for August 31. The invite reads ‘Dream without Boundaries,’ which likely hints at a bezel-less handset. Along with this, there’s another teaser that says, ‘What’s NU at IFA 2016’.
Incidentally, the device has already been unveiled in China. Nubia Z11 features a 5.5-inch Full HD display of 1080×1920 pixel resolution. It has a 2.5D curved glass bezel-less display with 81% screen-to-body ratio. The Nubia Z11 runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. The phone comes in two variants – 4GB RAM/64GB storage and 6GB RAM/128GB storage, which can be further expanded up to 200GB via microSD cards.
2) Taiwanese smartphone brand HTC is reportedly all set to launch successor to its HTC One A9 smartphone launched last year at IFA 2016. The company will reportedly be unveiling the handset on the sidelines of IFA 2016. HTC One A9s is said to sport a similar design as One A9, this includes fingerprint sensor on the home button and metal unibody. Incidentally, HTC One A9 was widely termed as ‘iPhone 6 copy’ in terms of design.
Speculated specifications of the smartphone include 13MP rear camera, 4-ultrapixel front-facing camera.
3) The rumour mill claims that the Japanese company will launch a new Android flagship called Xperia XR. Leaked specs point to a 13-megapixel rear camera, 4GB RAM and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. The company is also rumoured to launch a compact version of the smartphone with 4.7-inch screen, likely to be called Xperia X Compact.
4) Chinese smartphone maker Huawei is expected to launch Huawei Mate 9 at the event. Successor to the company’s Mate 8, the smartphone runs on the company’s own octa-core Kirin 960 processor. Other specifications include a 5.9-inch screen, 4GB or 6GB RAM and 16MP rear camera. The smartphone is also likely to be among the very first smartphones to launch with Android Nougat, the latest version of Google’s Android operating system.
5) This surely will be the biggest release at IFA 2016. Rumour mills suggest that software giant Microsoft may launch its first Surface-branded smartphone at the event. According to a report in iTechPost, Microsift will be launching three variants of the Surface smartphone, with an entry-level model featuring 3GB RAM, the mid-tier 6GB and the high-end powered by 8GB of memory. Other rumoured specs include 5.5-inch AMOLED screen, 20-megapixel camera and support for Microsoft’s own Surface pen.
Reports claim that all three smartphones will be powered by the Qualcomm’s latest processor Snapdragon 821 and run on Windows 10 Mobile operating system.
Some reports also suggest that the smartphone will run on Android OS.
Article Source: Times of India